The Lamb Angling Club was originally formed in 1928 as a match angling club, the original headquarters were in the Lamb public-house in Kettlebrook Tamworth, hence the name of the club.
The pub has long since gone and now Tamworth football club stands in its place, the football team are also affectionately known as 'The Lambs'
The club these days is more of a leisure-based club with a good mix or coarse and carp angling members, although we are more than happy to run coarse or carp matches if our members would like us to.
The headquarters have moved around over the years and we are now headquartered at Coton and Hopwas social club, right on the side of the canal! Unfortunately, we don't control this stretch of canal.
With a dedicated committee and a team of enthusiastic bailiffs, we work with members and other third-party agencies to always strive to get the best experience and value for our members.
We like to think that in a world of commercial fisheries, we offer excellent value for money with a decent portfolio of rivers, canals, pools and lakes to cover a wide variety of different environments for our members to while away the hours in pursuit of that special catch.
Membership is annual and priced on a per rod basis. We also sell day tickets on Borrowpit lake and our canal stretches which offer great value too for those not wishing to join. Our day tickets are 7am to 7pm only and can be purchased from Tamworth fishing tackle. Membership affords the additional benefit of being able to night fish waters that we permit members to.
In summary, we believe that we are not only the oldest club in Tamworth but also the best.
Join the Angling Trust Today keyboard_arrow_right
You can now join online.
**Please note** all club rules apply, if for any reason you have been refused membership or had it removed or revoked in the past then please contact a club official as you may be charged a 10% admin fee if your membership is subsequently revoked because of this. (If in doubt contact a club official).
Lamb Angling Club Rules General Pleasure Fishing
1. The Lamb Angling Club will not accept any liability for death or personal injury to persons using Lamb AC waters and/or car parks or loss or damage to vehicles and property howsoever caused.
2. Subscription must be paid before fishing. All Lamb Angling Club members at all times are expected to conduct themselves in a sportsman like manner and observe good angling etiquette! Any member or members who are deemed to be unruly or are abusive to Lamb AC members or officials or cause damage to Lamb AC property will be deemed to have committed a serious infringement of the Lamb Angling Club Rules and brought the good name of the Lamb AC into
disrepute. Accordingly such members will appear before the Committee and may be suspended or expelled from the Lamb Angling Club forthwith. Such behaviour will not be tolerated!
3. Under no circumstances will club balance sheets or statements be taken from any Lamb Angling Club meeting.
4. Alcohol, drug and substance abuse is strictly prohibited on all Lamb AC waters
5. Membership book and identity card must be carried at all times when fishing Lamb AC waters. Failure to produce both membership book and identity card when requested could result in eviction from the water.
6. A junior will be liable for membership during the year he/she attains his/her 12th birthday. A junior member will need to apply for Ordinary Membership during the year of their 17th birthday.
7. All members are Bailiffs, and upon production of their membership card, may, in turn request production of a current Membership Card from anyone fishing Lamb Angling Club Waters.
8. Pegs must not be left unattended at any time with live lines in the water.
9. No, transistors, radios, litter, camping fires allowed. Only green or camouflaged bivvy’s are to be used on Lamb Angling Club waters. No tents, trailer tents or caravans allowed on any Lamb
Angling Club water.
10. Dogs are allowed on our waters with the exception of Mease Meadows where no dogs are allowed. All dogs must be on leads, kept under control and quiet and any dog mess MUST be cleaned up. Anyone found leaving dog mess may be dismissed from the Lamb AC.
11. The use of your own landing and keep nets at Mease Meadows is strictly forbidden, landing nets and keep nets will be provided from the house and must be returned when you session is finished, please bring your own bank sticks and handles
12. Membership is for single rod only (unless a different membership level is purchased prior to fishing). Other rods may be set up, but must not be used other than in single rod capacity.
13. Two rod & three rod cards are available at extra cost.
17. Lamb Angling Club membership is not transferrable, Your Lamb AC Membership card remains the property of the Lamb AC at all times. If lost or stolen please inform the club
secretary A.S.A.P. An administration fee may be payable for a replacement card.
19. Anglers must not introduce any fish (dead or alive) or any spawn or aquatic plants into any Lamb Angling Club water without written authority from the Lamb Angling Club Committee (Except frozen dead baits).
20. Hook size 10 or larger MUST BE BARBED (Micro-barbed), and rigs must be of a type that allow the fish to eject it easily should a break off occur. NOTE; bent hook rigs in any form are not allowed on Lamb Angling Club waters.
21. All complaints must be referred to the Committee and NOT owners of Lamb Angling Club waters.
22. Anglers are responsible for the removal of litter of whatever nature from their pegs. It is the responsibility of any angler occupying a peg to ensure it is litter free and tidy at all times. Any member found defecating on any fishing peg shall be expelled from the Lamb Angling Club forthwith. – NO EXCEPTIONS!
23. Members are ONLY allowed to fish the amount of rods designated by their membership card. Any angler caught fishing rods in excess of their membership without gaining a day ticket to cover the additional rods (where applicable) will receive an automatic three month suspension
(minimum) and could be liable to expulsion.
24. No member shall cause damage by cutting / breaking down trees / bushes / shrubs in or adjacent to their pegs without prior authorisation from the Committee or fisheries officer. No swims to be altered in any way without the consent of the Lamb AC Committee.
25. Keep Nets, Landing Nets, Unhooking Mats, sacks, floatation slings and weigh slings must not be used if they have not been allowed to dry or have not been disinfected after use at another fishing venue, on the same day. Anglers must be vigilant in order to stop the spread of fish disease from one venue to another.
26. All gates on all Lamb AC waters (where fitted) must be locked immediately after entry and exit. If no lock is present the gate should still be closed after entry and exit from the water.
27. Swimming will not be permitted on any Lamb Angling Club waters under any circumstances, with the exception of the safety of anglers, fish or wildlife.
28. Anglers must not leave rods unattended whilst still baited and cast into the water. No fishing rods are to be left unattended whilst baited up and in the water.
29. All members fishing Lamb Angling Club waters must be in possession of a current Environment Agency rod fishing licence/s as applicable to the number of rods being fished. Any
member being prosecuted for not having the correct rod licences may be expelled for bringing the good name of the Lamb Angling Club into disrepute.
30. The removal of fish from any Lamb Angling Club waters for any purpose other than that of fisheries officers or their helpers in pursuit of fisheries management duties shall be deemed as theft and criminal prosecutions will be brought against offenders.
31. All anglers under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult during the hours of darkness.
32. Night fishing is allowed on specified Lamb Angling Club waters for all members (over the age of 16) but quietness must be observed, (this includes overly loud bite alarms) Do not use powerful torches and very bright lamps as excessive light is not helpful for night fishing and disturbs other anglers.
33. All members are required to attend at least 2 working parties during the closed season.
34. Keep net sizes must be as per environment agency recommendations.
35. Members are not allowed to reserve pegs, for any reason at any time. Unless agreed with Lamb AC committee or officials for the purposes of matches and events that have been pre- booked and advertised.
36. In order to protect Lamb Angling Club fish stocks from theft, all Lamb Angling Club Bailiffs and officials shall have the right to examine any vehicle on entering or leaving any Lamb AC water(s) to ensure that fish are not being removed, transported illegally or stolen. This right may only be exercised in the presence of the person using/driving the vehicle. Refusal to cooperate with Lamb Angling Club bailiffs or officials on this matter will result in the termination of the vehicle’s users/drivers rights to fish Lamb AC waters and membership cards will be confiscated forthwith. The perpetrator/s membership shall remain suspended until such time that they appear before the Committee of the Lamb Angling Club to justify their actions. The Lamb AC may also involve the police and/or the Environment Agency & Angling Trust if the motive is believed to be theft, contrary to section 1 of the theft act 1968 (as amended). Your cooperation and vigilance is requested to stem the theft of fish from Lamb Angling Club waters.
|1 x Rod Membership||£35.00|
|2 x Rod Membership||£70.00|
|3 x Rod Membership||£105.00|
|OAP 1 x Rod Membership||£25.00|
|Canal Only 1 x Rod||£25.00|
|Canal Only 2 x Rod||£50.00|
|Canal Only 3 x Rod||£75.00|