Help the Angling Trust & Fish Legal to protect, develop and grow fish and fishing for generations to come
Supporting the Angling Trust & Fish Legal to protect and grow the sport you love has never been more important. They have great member benefits, with discounts on fishing, tackle and everyday items, as well as a fantastic joining offer for new individual members.
Online membership and day ticket booking now available. The process is straightforward if you click the blue button. You will need to:
1. Register an account by entering some brief contact details and accepting t&c’s
2. Confirm email (check junk folder) and then update your personal details, including uploading a picture of yourself.
3. Proceed to purchase the applicable membership or day ticket booking.
Payment can be made by debit/credit card and all memberships run for 12 months from the date of purchase.
Gate code will appear on your confirmation email once membership has been purchased.
1) Night fishing is prohibited on all Swindon Borough Council waters with the exception of Coate Water Country Park, Plaum’s Pit and Raychem Lagoon, it is then is restricted to permit holders only.
2) The rights of the clubs to fish are liable to be limited, extended, terminated or in extreme conditions, temporarily closed to preserve the fish stocks and the privileges of clubs and its members are subject to such rights. Swindon Borough Council shall not be liable to repay any clubs lease fees for the loss of any privileges.
3) Club members or day ticket holders whilst angling on any of Swindon Borough Council’s waters shall not:
a) Damage mowing grass, banks, bankside vegetation, any fencing or structure associated with a fishery.
b) Take a dog with them, with exception of a registered blind person.
c) Light any fire, nor leave bankside litter.
d) Carry or use guns, firearms, catapults (with exception recognised bait catapults).
e) Camp (with the exception of night ticket holders)
f) Use radios, personnel stereos unless fitted with a personnel hearing appliance which must be used.
g) Fish from boats or similar vessel.
h) Cause any annoyance or disturbance to other fishery users and or local residence.
i) Take away from any Swindon Borough Council waters any fish, dead or alive or retain any fish other than alive in a keepnet specially manufactured for the purpose.
4) Club members and day ticket holders (All anglers) are required to comply with the Environment Agency Bye-Laws and to carry their membership card or day ticket and a valid Environment Agency fishing licence at all times and produce them if requested by Environment Agency Bailiff, Swindon Borough Council fisheries officers, club committee member or club bailiff.
5) Fishing shall not be permitted in any other manner than by angling with rod and line. A landing net may be used to secure a hooked fish. The use of lay lines, nets, gorge baits, trimmers and gaffs is prohibited.
6) Fishing is only permitted from designated swims.
7) No angler shall occupy more than one swim or use more than 2 rods (except at Coate Water Country Park).
8) No baited rods are to be left unattended at any time.
9) The use of barbed / micro barbed hooks is prohibited.
10) Hook-lengths must be of a lesser breaking strain than the mainline.
11) All club members or day ticket holders shall be responsible for the removing all litter from a swim he/she is fishing.
12) The use of live baits is prohibited on all Swindon Borough Council waters.
13) Access and parking is at agreed points only.
14) All keepnets used on Swindon Borough Council waters shall confirm to the minimum requirements of the Environment Agency bye-laws relating to their design and construction.
15) That it will ensure that all incidence involving injured or distressed wildlife are immediately reported to the Swindon Ranger Team at Coate Water Ranger Centre (01793 490150).
16) All angling clubs will adopt the Swindon Borough Council equalities statement.
17) No person under the age of 16 is permitted to fish without an adult.